May is Teacher Appreciation Month. This month we will be collecting donations for Schoolhouse Supplies - an award-winning nonprofit that supports public education in Portland by giving students and teachers free classroom supplies.Read More
Again this winter, we’re collecting the following items to donate to the men and women supported by the Portland Rescue Mission:
Clean, gently used coats, sweaters, sweatshirts, gloves, and warm hats
New socks and underwear
Clean bath towels and blankets
Body wash and shampoo
We’ll have a collection bin in our lounge so feel free to bring your donations by at your next appointment or anytime during our weekday business hours of 9am to 5pm.
Founded in 2005, the Returning Veterans Project (RVP) supports the healing and health of our veterans and military communities by connecting post-9/11 war zone veterans, service members, and their families with free, confidential mental and physical health services. RVP clients can access individualized care from a network of highly-qualified volunteer providers, without any fees or strings attached.
Starting this November and moving forward, our practitioners Dr. Cydney Keller, DC and Melissa Miesen, LAc are donating their services via RVP at Equilibrium, and will be treating veterans in need of acupuncture and chiropractic care.
We will also be collecting monetary donations through the month of November and Equilibrium will match any amounts donated at the clinic.
You can also donate directly through the RVP website here.
Throughout the month of May, we will be collecting unwrapped items for the kids at Randall Children's Hospital. Their list of much needed items include:
- Cause & Effect musical, light up toys;
- Plastic rattles;
- Plastic keys;
- Teething rings;
- Ages 3-5 and 6-10 girls play sets & toys;
- Disney princess Barbies;
- PJ Masks;
- Nerf guns;
- Sports balls;
- Coloring books for all ages;
- Littlest Pet Shop;
- Board games for 8-10+;
- Headphones and earbuds;
- Gift cards ($25 or less) to young teen appropriate stores (I.e. Target, Amazon, Forever 21, Dick's Sporting Goods, Ulta).
In March, we will be collecting much needed items for the Oregon Humane Society. Their urgent needs wish list includes:
- Wet/canned cat and kitten food, especially strong-smelling types like Tiki Cat
- Kitten formula (KMR) and nursing bottles
- Puppy pads (for potty-training)
- Veterinary special diet foods for both cats and dogs (e.g. Royal Canin Hypoallergenic)
- Dog toys (puzzle toys, KONG-type chew toys especially)
- Dog treats (for small to medium-sized dogs)
- Wet/canned cat and kitten food (see brands below)
- XL dog crates
They accept high-quality brands of food like Canidae/Felidae, Castor & Pollux, Eukanuba, Innova, Natural Balance, Newman’s Own, Nutro, Pinnacle, Purina Select/Purina One, Royal Canin, Tiki Cat, and Wellness.